Some Simple Guidelines for Wine and Cheese Pairing:
Even though it comes down to personal taste, certain guidelines have been proven favorable by a majority of enthusiasts. Here are some of those basic truths for preparing the perfect cheese trays for your wine and cheese parties:
1. White wines match best with soft cheeses and stronger flavours.
2. Red wines match best with hard cheeses and milder flavours.
3. Fruity and sweet white wines (not dry) and dessert wines work best with a wider range of cheeses.
4. The more pungent the cheese you choose, the sweeter
the wine should be.
5. The only thing you have to know is: If it tastes good, do it!
A Cheese Tray for 10:
1. A Regular Bar of Franco’s Old Cheddar (Aged – White)
2. Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.
3. Franco’s Brand of Provoletta / Caciocavallo Cheese.
4. Franco’s Domestic and Imported Asiago, Havarti: Fine Herbs, Tomato, and Basil Cheese.
5. Franco’s Ricotta Salata Cheese is perfect with a variety of crackers such as Wheat Crackers and Wheat Thin Snack Crackers and your favourite Crusty breads and French breads.
6. 1/2 lb. each red and green seedless grapes along with your favourite choice of wine.
Easy Wine & Cheese Puffs
Recipe provided by www.Allrecipes.com.Yield 12 squares
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch onion powder
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
2 teaspoons water
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
Beat 1 egg in a medium bowl, and mix in the cheese. Season with parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
On a lightly floured surface, cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 equal squares to give 12 squares in total. Beat the remaining egg with water in small bowl. Brush edges of each square lightly with egg wash. Place a heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold pastry over the filling, and seal edges with a fork. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.