Mexican Jumping Bean and Cheddar
Grape, Melon and Feta Cheese Salad
Parmesan Crumbed Asparagus on Bocconcini Salad
Sugar Snap Pea and Cheese Curd Salad
Zesty South-of-the-Border Bocconcini
Whipped Ricotta with Honey and Mixed Berries
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsps sugar
1 tbsp active dry yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour (all purpose or bread flour)
1/2 tsp each of oregano and basil
1. Measure 1 cup warm water and mix in sugar and sprinkle on the yeast.
2. Let sit in a warm place for 10 minutes until the yeast is activated.
3. Combine flour, salt and olive oil, oregano, basil and add to the yeast mixture.
4. Mix dough with a dough hook for about 5 minutes at medium speed or knead by hand.
5. Cover and let dough double in a warm place.
6. Punch down and divide into 6 equal pieces.
Franco’s Cheese: Provoletta, Mozzarella, Medium Cheddar, Feta, Parmesan and Asiago (grated)
Spolumbo Spicy Sausage (casing removed) cooked and sliced
1 tsp sauté in olive oil
1 chopped red onion
4 oz. slices mushroom
1 chopped red pepper
1 jar PC tomato olive bruchetta
1. Divide dough into 6 equal parts.
2. Roll each part into 18 cm by 20 cm ovals.
3. Spread on 1 Tablespoon Brochette on the half closest to you, being careful to keep everything inside the dough.
4. Add some sautéed onion, mushroom and red pepper and add 50 grams of the grated cheese mixture (pressed firm).
5. Add some cooked sliced Spolumbo sausage (casing removed).
6. Carefully fold the dough over and press the edges to seal in the cheese. Use a fork to finish sealing the edges.
7. Make sure there is nothing on the edge of the dough and that the dough is fully sealed everywhere to keep the mixture inside while baking.
8. Whip up and egg and one tablespoon milk and brush on the Calzones to give it a nice shine.
9. Bake on a pizza stone or greased tray in the middle rack at 260 °C. for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
Calzones may be frozen. Reheat from frozen state for 12 minutes at 150 °C.